Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Volume Issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Southstreet

Southstreet

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:20 PM

Hi all,

I want to listen to music from my laptop through my home stereo speakers because the speakers in the computer aren't that great.

From my laptop I have been going from headphones out, to RCA in, on my stereo receiver.

I have checked volume on my media player, computer, and speakers configuration in control panel (vista home), as well as having the receiver turned up to maximum volume and although it is somewhat louder it is nowhere near the volume I can get from my home CD player through the same system.

On the back of the receiver there is both coaxial and optical in as well as the usual RCA in.

I tried using my Audigy Sound Blaster that was on my desktop but for some reason it wont install on my laptop. I've tried a few times without success.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users