Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Probs W/ Avg8 Free Edition Command Line Scanner

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ezpkns34

ezpkns34

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:55 PM

Ran AVG in safe mode & it gave me the command line scanner. After waiting 3 hours for it to scan my computer, it then shut down after it finished scanning, not giving me any options to remove the items it found.

My question is: is this normal? If so, whats the use of it?

It only bothers me b/c it found many objects which it doesn't find normally.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:00 AM

It only bothers me b/c it found many objects which it doesn't find normally.

That's strange... however the shut down after the scan is finished is not strange.
You probably had the settings changed to "Shutdown Computer after Scan completion"
If you don't want your computer to shutdown after the scan is done, then uncheck that box.
To do that Open your AVG 8.0, on the left click Computer scanner then where it says Scan whole Computer click "change scan settings". Near the bottom there click " Additional Scan settings..."Click that and uncheck "Shutdown Computer after Scan completion"
That will take care of it. To remove the infections/warnings that AVG 8.0 found you can always go to History and open the results and remove the warnings that you didn't. To do that go to Computer Scanner at the bottom click "scan history" there will be a page where it lists all the dates that you scanned your computer. To open the results just double click the date.
Hope that helps and good luck :thumbsup:

Edit: You can also delete the history after you have cleaned up the infections/warnings there is a button at the bottom where you can delete the results.

Edited by extremeboy, 03 July 2008 - 11:02 AM.

Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users