Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Shut Off Randomly Now Won't Get Past Boot Screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 trevortrevor

trevortrevor

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

Hello,

So today I was working on some files and I noticed my computer was running pretty slow and then suddenly just turned off. Obviously alarmed I immediately restarted it and it got as far as the Windows boot screen and shut off again.

Im not sure if the problem is hard drive related because It has recently come to my attention that my harddrive is in bad condition and this could be the root of the actual problem but as of now I am not sure. I have tried reseating the ram and cleaning out the dust (which i try to do a few times a month anyway) I take good care of it and dont know what the problem is. Oh and I cant start it in safe mode either.

specs are:

evga 680i motherboard
2gigs patriot ram
seagate HDD
intel E6600 CPU
corsair 640 PSU
evga 8800GTS 640

Thanks in advance for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:30 PM

Hello trevortrevor and welcome,

How did you turn off the computer? Did you unplug it or did you turn of the computer through the start menu?

To check that the HDD is ok, try running http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools the diagnostic tool for your HDD.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users