Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High Speed Internet

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bulldog

Bulldog

• Members
  • 394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 27 July 2004 - 03:55 PM

I must have been confused for a while I was reviewing the posts and seen the two recommendations from jgweed and brunt. Sorry I missed them. I went to the suggested DSL Report site and tested there. Then took Brunts suggestion. My initial Download Speed was 455 kbps and upload 128 or so. My second after doing the ipconfg was 465 kbps and 130 kbps. It seems alot better. Thanks for your help. By the way brunt I had alot of spare time today. Check out Skeet Shooter.
bulldogsmall6ma.jpg

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abe Lincoln

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 July 2004 - 04:02 PM

I see, your lucky I cant play the games anymore:)... Another hint would be this for your internet

go to run type in command

type ipconfig enter
ipconfig/all enter
ipconfig/release enter
ipconfig/renew enter
exit enter

Somtimes that will speed you up a little! And also changing your workgroup name to somthing else

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2004 - 08:47 PM

The change in speeds may not be the result of anything you did, as speeds will in fact vary from time to time. That is why I suggested testing at various times during the day and taking the average. Still, these are acceptable speeds for DSL.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:21 PM

I dont know my dsl give sme 5mbs download and 756kbs upstream. But I guess it depends what package you get!

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 31 August 2004 - 06:26 PM

Mine is Charter Pipeline-- Just ran a test and results are.....Download-2360 kbits/sec...upload 265 kbits/sec.....Is there anyone else with Charter Pipeline? To get to the test, google for..... Charter Speed Test..Only takes a minute. I did another one a couple of minutes later and it had already changed.

Edited by scarlett, 31 August 2004 - 06:32 PM.

Posted Image

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2004 - 12:38 AM

You may wish to run some tests, at various times during the day, from another source.

http://www.dslreports.com/tools

You will find some tests here that you can compare to those you have run, Scarlett.

Best wishes,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#7 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 01 September 2004 - 12:44 AM

Thanks, Ill check it out.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users