Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player - "connecting"... "ready"?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mszaw

mszaw

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:16 PM

Normally I listen to a radio station on my computer, I click the "Listen Live" button on their website and listen through my browser. It has always worked fine. I think it uses Windows Media player (9 series) through my browser. It doesn't work now in Mozilla firefox OR IE. It says "connecting to media" and then, "ready", but doesn't play. I'm not sure what changed, unless someone did a windows update.. would that change something? Is there a setting I should change? It has nothing to do with active x or popups, both of which are allowed. As far as I can tell, my firewall also allows it and the firewall hasnt changed since it used to work. I've tried installing service pack 2, and also upgrading to windows media player 11. When I installed wmp 11 now the thing won't even do the "connecting to media", it just does nothing. I'm at work and I will go insane without my radio. help?

Edited by mszaw, 02 July 2008 - 02:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:28 PM

Hello mszaw,

Could you provide a link to the site in question? It could be a problem with the site.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 mszaw

mszaw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:11 PM

of course... http://evolution1079.com

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:17 PM

I have just tried it and can't get anything. I would suspect it is an error with the site, you should contact them about the problem and see if they can fix it.
Regards,

Alan.

#5 mszaw

mszaw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:38 PM

mmmmmmmmmmm... *rubs chin*

yes. I suspected it was something ridiculously obvious. Thank you, I will contact them.

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:45 PM

You are welcome, let us know what happens.
Regards,

Alan.

#7 mszaw

mszaw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:15 PM

Well, I emailed the site. Never got a reply, but now it is working. Thanks again!

#8 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:47 PM

No problem, glad to help.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users