Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mIRC WindowsZirvede

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 drewdude0003

drewdude0003

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:04 PM

Hi, I just signed up to this website and I'm not really sure where to post this. But I have some random something that needs to be removed.
The random something is mIRC WindowsZirvede. I've tried uninstalling mIRC and got part of it uninstalled but it won't let me completely uninstall it because the virus runs through mIRC. The virus won't quit running this thing on my computer and I'm stuck. Now the question is how do I shut it down and get rid of it?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Andrew

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:38 PM

It sounds like you have a real nasty virus. If you have tried all the Spyware and antivirus, you should try the HiJackThis fourm, on this site. I think they will be a big help. If you have not tried antivirus and antispyware I recommend the following. Try Ad-Aware SE 1.05, Spybot S&D 1.3, MicroSoft Antivirus Beta, and AVG 7 Free Edition Antivirus. If you use HJT, please DO NOT modify the results. You will end up in worst shape than you started. Good luck.

acklan
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 RustyNY

RustyNY

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2005 - 08:04 AM

I'm having this problem also. I haven't deleted mirc yet so I just shut it down when it pops up at startup...but it's a pain. I've run AdAware, Norton Antivirus, Spybot S&D and Microsoft Antispyware (all have the latest definitions) and they have found nothing. Will try posting my HJT log and see what comes of it. I hope someone comes up with a remove for this annoyance...

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2005 - 08:19 AM

This link will take you to a detailed tutorial on how to post a log.

How to Post a Highjack This Log

Just please keep in mind that all Highjack This Team Members are volunteers. One must practice a little patience, when waiting for help. I promise you though that they will get to you as soon as they are able.

And above all do not attempt to work on your log yourself. And only take the advice from an official HJT Team Member. Which will show under thier name and avatar.

One more thing. Do not reply to your own post. As the Team keeps an eye out for zero replies. If they see a reply they will assume that someone is already helping you out. Then I'm afraid that you may get lost in the shuffle.

* @ RustyNY If you have any further questions/comments, it is best that you start your own topic. To prevent confusion in this thread. :thumbsup:

Thank you,
~ Scarlett - Forum Mod

Edited by Scarlett, 16 September 2005 - 09:00 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users