Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox 3 Download Woes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 weybrew

weybrew

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:33 PM

I recently installed Firefox 3. Now I'm having problems with downloads... videos stop short and won't resume... data files require multiple Pause/Resume clicks to complete... web pages sometimes need to be Refreshed to get the complete download. What's going on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:54 PM

Try removing Firefox 3 and try Firefox 2 and see if it still happens. Some people are having problems with 3.0
Also, if you're using add-ons disable them and see if that makes a difference
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 weybrew

weybrew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:00 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, garmanma. It seems that my download problems are not isolated to FF3 they just coincidentally began around the same time. I uninstalled FF3 and installed FF2.0.0.15 with the same systems on all downloads. I reinstalled FF3. Can anyone suggest why my downloads have suddenly gone wonky?

#4 weybrew

weybrew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:04 PM

FIXED! As it turned out my troubles were not software related at all, but a failing wireless router. New router solved the problem.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

Glad it's resolved
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users