Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winmail.dat Files Being Sent From Outlook 2007

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bpierce

bpierce

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:29 AM

We recently changed over to a Microsoft Exchange Server and use Outlook 2007. We have one user who is having problems with winmail.dat files being sent when she attaches Word docs to an email to send. It is not happening to everyone she sends email to, just one of our largest clients!!! I have changed settings everywhere to plain text, and done everything possible Except reinstall Outlook 2007. I am going to try that this weekend but am desperate for help. I know the recipient company can use the winmail reader to see the files she sends but they are unwilling to do so. I am going crazy and need help. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Firefoxer

Firefoxer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:38 AM

Here is tutorial - Dealing with the Winmail.dat File:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/dealing-with-the-winmail.dat-file/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users