Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Gone Crazy?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jena054

Jena054

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:07 AM

This isn't a major problem and I wasn't sure where else to post this, so if it should be somewhere else, let me know. I have a new laptop that has windows vista on it and a game crashed as I was playing and now my whole monitor is wacky. It's like.. blown up. everything is bigger, when I open a window it takes up the whole screen and then some. It's so big you can't see the minimize, maximise, close buttons or the tool bars. I tried system restoring it but when the computer restarted, it said system restore didn't occur because or some error. I can't remember what exactly, but I'm assuming it had to do with whatever made the screen go crazy. Everything's bigger on it, the icons, the task bar, the start menu, etc. I know there should be a way to fix it, but i'm clueless on how to do anything with vista at the moment. So any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:27 PM

It sounds like the crash may have corrupted your video drivers. I'd suggest visiting the website of the manufacturer of the graphics chipset for your laptop and install the latest version of the driver that's available. If you don't know who manufactured the graphics chipset, post back with the exact make and model of your system and we'll see what we can locate.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Jena054

Jena054
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:42 AM

Thanks for the replay usama! Turns out it was just the screen resolution and I couldn't find it cause of vista being confusing XD Thanks again though for the advice, I did as you asked and installed the latest drive though. But anyway, problem sloved, even if it was rather simple. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users