Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bunch Of Nastiness

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chaoabordo

chaoabordo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:45 AM

I have two partitions, C and D.
Windows and all programs are suited on C, while on D I keep music, documents and things of such sort.
I left yesterday my PC on to finish some torrent and when I woke up, the thing got bloody messy in almost every task.
Some popup also opens at random, displaying something about antispyware and adware software, pretty ironic since adware makes it.
There was also some tray icon that was displaying the same thing in balloon, but I found the file causing it and purged the bastard.
Oh, and I can't start Task Manager for some reason, whatever it may be.
I am running Vista Ultimate and I humbly ask for help :thumbsup:
I thank you in advance

Edit:
I removed myself almost everything (at least seems like everything, thought I doubt it) but now explorer keeps crashing on startup.

Edited by chaoabordo, 02 July 2008 - 09:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 I_am_CanadianEh?

I_am_CanadianEh?

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:39 AM

Sorry to here about your troubles.

Download Malware Bytes' Anti-malware from here (green download button, middle of the page). Save the file to your desktop and then run the installer.

Now run the program and select the update tab. On the update mirror, select: "MalwareSupport.com" and then click "Check for Updates". Let it update. Please allow this program to access the internet if your firewall asks you.

Then, go to settings, make sure all options are checked.

Finally, go to the Scanner tab and then select "Perform Full Scan"

Let it scan...it will then produce a log and open it up in notepad. Again, allow your firewall for this program to open up Notepad if it alerts you.

Please post the log back here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users