Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wacom Intuos3 Tablet Problem

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 wish2learn

wish2learn

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:55 AM

Hi,
I need some urgent help please ; I have been having some wacom driver issues and did a search which led me to find the latest wacom driver download. I followed the recommendation of first uninstalling the existing driver then starting up the new installation. My problem is that although the driver begins set up/installation OK - the progress bar scrolls to halfway and then just hangs...
I tried last night and it stayed hanging for about 3/4 hour, so I shut down and tried again this morning - same problem, it just hangs...

I have Windows XP and cannot continue with my work. Please help anybody?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:28 AM

Where did you download the driver from? Try downloading it again to your desktop, reboot into safemode and install from there

Edited by garmanma, 02 July 2008 - 07:28 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 wish2learn

wish2learn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:32 AM

Thank you Garmanma, I saved the file in one of my folders and downloaded from there - but I shall try your suggestion right now.

#4 wish2learn

wish2learn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:57 AM

Alas no, no luck.
I tried in safe mode but the same thing happened. Then I went to delete the new wacom driver file itself (just incase some error occured in the download) and went to sart all over again from scratch. Still no luck though, the intsallation still hangs...

I found a 'Wacom uninstaller' exe online, and ran this It reported an 'error' and sugested I complete the uninstallation of existing driver manually - but when I again went to 'add and remove programs' the wacom driver is not listed there as I previously uninstalled it!?

I am totally stuck now and have lost a days work with no end in sight....
AAARRRGGGGH!

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:40 AM

Have you tried looking in the Device Manager to see if the driver/s are in the Mice and other pointing devices.

Go to Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Device Manager. You can extend the tree by clicking in the box with the + inside it to the left of the column. This may appear as HID-compliant devices.

If you see the driver/s there you can right click on the device and choose uninstall.

Edited by dc3, 02 July 2008 - 10:41 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:56 AM

What model do you have?Try downloading the Windows Uninstaller Cleanup Utility from here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
Open it and see if there is anything in there referring to Wacom, check the box by it and run the app

Edited by garmanma, 02 July 2008 - 11:57 AM.

Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#7 wish2learn

wish2learn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:17 AM

Hi again, Mark I did try the Windows Clean up Utility but the strange thing is that nothing to do with Wacom or the tablet driver was listed there...
DC3, I checked under Device manager but alas did not find anything to do with Wacom or tablet driver there either...

I (amazingly) got a reply from Wacom technical support (am impressed!) and the guy also told me to do as Mark suggested - install in safe mode. I tried once again just in case there was any change, but no.

I also reinstalled the existing driver from the disc so I could make a clean uninstall - as the Wacom site said I should first uninstall older driver. Windows Add and Remove Programs confirmed that the tablet and all of its components had been uninstalled. But this obviously does not include the driver - as when I plug in the tablet USB - the PC gives a ping of recognition...

I am at the end of my ideas about what to do now!
I found a 'Wacom uninstaller exe' which I ran. It stops at a point and shows a window " Error occurred in deletion processing of some files or registry. Please perform again (I did to no avail) or check a history and delete manually"

How to check a history or delete manually something which is no longer listed anywhere? (I did a search and got no results)

Any more ideas...P L E A S E...

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:27 AM

Those were pretty much all of the suggestions I found. I would continue with Wacom's support. I'm going out on a limb here. You can try to repair/reinstall the Windows Installer and see what goes. Just a WAG

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315353

Edited by garmanma, 03 July 2008 - 08:28 AM.

Mark
Posted Image

#9 wish2learn

wish2learn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:05 AM

Hi again, I need your opinions please?

I am still searching for a solution for my driver problem. Wacom have got back to me but have not been able to come up with much of help. I have found more help here...

Anyway, I have noticed web pages that promise to fix and update all drivers...
such as http://driveragent.com/?q=fixing+problems+...mhuchpv81ii15e3
and http://www.drivershq.com/

I have taken excellent PC security set up advice from this site - so I value your opinions, and therefore i would like to know whether or not you think this kind of route is worthwhile? Have you had any experience with such driver clean up programs? I am wary to proceed as I have no idea what effect this will will have overall.

Thanks for your opinions...

#10 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:14 AM

I've never used them so I couldn't say. Site Advisor said the sites you linked are OK and a quick Google search doesn't provide any complaints about them

Edited by garmanma, 04 July 2008 - 08:14 AM.

Mark
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users