Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Odd Lights On Mobo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 justjules

justjules

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:53 AM

Rebuild not working.

Everything's hooked up, powered up, and spinning, just no signal to the monitor. With the PSU on, there's one red LED lit on the mobo, powering on the machine adds a blue one to the mix is this correct? Graphics card gives green light on back, indicating proper power. I know the monitor works, I took it from another machine I have, and I've tried switching memory configs and just one stick (2G). I've also cleared the CMOS several times. Have also tried a PCI graphics card, still nothing on the screen.

Cheers jules :thumbsup:

MSI P7N SLI Platinum mobo,

Geforce GTX 280 1024mb graphics card,

4gb Corsair XMS 800MHz RAM,

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU,

Thermaltake Toughpower 650W PSU,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:31 AM

Is the monitor cable the correct one for your setup? Check and make sure there are no bent pins
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 justjules

justjules
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:36 AM

Hi, I'm just using the monitor cable that is attatched to the monitor with an adapter
stuck on the graphics card. No none of the pins seem bent. Have tried 2 different
screens that I know work on other machines.

Cheers jules

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:07 AM

Do you have the PSU connectors for the CPU and graphics card plugged in?

What does the user's manual say about the LED display on the motherboard and the RAM population?

Have you gone back and checked all of your connections?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 BigBoyTN

BigBoyTN

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:54 AM

Are there any jumppers that came with the video card? If so you will need those hooked up.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:01 PM

Some adapters just don't work. That would be my first suspicion What type of connection do you have at both ends?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users