Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Grand Theft Auto Iv On Playstation 2 ?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 omega113

omega113

• Members
  • 0 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:43 AM

i have playstation 2 !
I was wondering whether or not playstation 2 would support
Grand Theft Auto IV ?
thank in advance !!

omega
Search Images Submitted By Humans Just like You

Moved to more appropriate forum ~ stevealmighty

Edited by stevealmighty, 02 July 2008 - 08:28 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:30 AM

Is that the latest GTA? I'm not sure if it came out for the PS2 platform or just the PS3. One sure way to check is to look at the box and see if it says "playstation 2" on it....if it says "playstation 3", then it won't work on the PS2. If it says "playstation 2" on it, then it'll work in the PS2 and PS3.
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 cornzey

cornzey

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:40 AM

GTA IV is a release only for the Xbox 360 and the PS3.

I don't think they are planning a release for PS2 or the Wii.

Hope this helps,
Cornzey

Posted Image

If I'm giving you help and I don't reply within 24 hours PM me with the topic link.

Avast Anti-Virus - Zone Alarm Firewall
Stay Protected.

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:50 AM

A lot of new games aren't coming out for the PS2 anymore. I'm pretty disappointed because a couple months ago I bought a new slim one because my old fatty died (for the third time...). Anyway I figured it would be good because I'm a cheap person and the games are usually cheaper than xbox 360 games.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#5 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 907 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:14 PM

Isn't this game coming out on pc later this year? Not that it matters for me, I am still stuck on San Andreas.

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:20 PM

Isn't this game coming out on pc later this year? Not that it matters for me, I am still stuck on San Andreas.

Where are you stuck in SA?
Regards,

Alan.

#7 randomuser83

randomuser83

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:26 PM

The game engine cannot be supported by the hardware in the PS2 unfortunately. You probably will not see GTAIV on PS2 ever :thumbsup:. In about 6 months to a year we may see it ported to PC though, so you can get it for that at least.

#8 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 907 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:09 AM

As I have mentioned somewhere else on bc, on the flying school. I've used the slowitdown cheat but it only helps a little.

Also stuck on the one where you have to fly a helicopter in a warehouse. I just can't control it very well.

#9 randomuser83

randomuser83

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:15 PM

As I have mentioned somewhere else on bc, on the flying school. I've used the slowitdown cheat but it only helps a little.

Also stuck on the one where you have to fly a helicopter in a warehouse. I just can't control it very well.

It takes practice, lots and lots of practice to pass that. It's the only area I had trouble with.

#10 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:52 PM

Also, I find that changing the input options helps a great deal. I had great difficulty handling the Harrier with keyboard and mouse so I switched to using my Logitech joystick and can fly it a lot easier now.
Regards,

Alan.

#11 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 907 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:28 PM

Also, I find that changing the input options helps a great deal. I had great difficulty handling the Harrier with keyboard and mouse so I switched to using my Logitech joystick and can fly it a lot easier now.

I have a Logitech gamepad, but have trouble configuring it correctly for flying.

#12 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:46 PM

Try calibrating it in the control panel then try configuring it in GTA.
Regards,

Alan.

#13 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 907 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:54 PM

Try calibrating it in the control panel then try configuring it in GTA.

I had already calibrated it correctly, just can't configure it properly for GTA. Also for Jedi Knight 2, Jedi Outcast and DarkStar one.

Probably just not a very good gamepad.

#14 JR9999

JR9999

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:36 PM

Ya, as stated above, the PS2 wont come close to handling all of GTA4. I read in a gaming magazine, that they couldn't even fit everything they wanted too on the newer consoles..who knows what the future holds..
"God created men.. Winchester and Baseball bats made them equal" Evel Knievel

#15 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 907 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:45 PM

Anyone know what spec is required for the upcoming pc version?(Hopefully no flying school in it. I hate the races as well.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users