Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Event Ids

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Paulrenno

Paulrenno

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:55 AM

I have noticed the following Event IDs in Event Viewer on my Vista laptop. I have Googled these and have not found anything.

Event ID 200 Critical
Event ID 300 Critical
Event ID 100

These are displayed in Event Viewer on a daily basis

Does anyone know what they mean and if there is a fix?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:58 AM

Hello Paulrenno,

If you double click on the entries that you are looking at you can get more information on each part. Could you post the extra information and we can help diagnose.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 Paulrenno

Paulrenno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:05 AM

Thanks for your reply. I will do that and post in the morning - im at work at present. Could you clarify what I am looking for. I have double clicked on these before and dont seem to get much info - I know that in Win XP Event Viewer I seem to get a lot more info than in Vista. Also in XP I seemed to get a Microsoft help page which I dont seem to get in Vista - it only says info will be sent over the internet and thats it.

Im getting to Event Viewer in the same way as in XP (R/C My Computer/ Manage/ Event Viewer. Is this correct or is it displayed with more info elsewhere?

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:34 AM

The event viewer can be accessed in many different ways, they all lead to the same place.

To clarify, you need to find those entries and double click them and post back as much information as you can. you could also use http://www.eventid.net/ to diagnose the problems, but without a source name its difficult to analyse effectively.
Regards,

Alan.

#5 Paulrenno

Paulrenno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:52 AM

Thanks Alan, Ill post back first thing in the morning.

#6 Paulrenno

Paulrenno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:39 AM

Ok, here goes, i hope this helps.

Event ID 6 Source ACPI LOG: System IRQARB; ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the devise in PCI slot 13, function 0

Event ID 6 Source KERNEL-WHEA Machine check event reported is a fatal TLB Error Transaction type 3 Memory Hierachy level 2
** This event has happened every day

* I also get the same info every day, for Event 8 / 10 / and 12 all with same info - evnt id 8 recd 12 error logs in last 7 days

Event ID 12 Source KERNEL - WHEA Machine check event reported a fatal BUS or interconnect timeout error.

Event ID 7000 Parrallel port driver service failed to start due to the following. The service could not be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devise associated with it.
** Event ID 7000 has reported 41 instances in the last 7 days.

I hope this is what you need Andy.

#7 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:30 AM

How old is this computer?

Event ID 6 Source ACPI LOG
This error message may occur on a computer that uses a Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) bridge that supports message-signaled interrupts but does not support line-based interrupts

The 7000 event ID is basically a service error from what I can gather. Does this error ID give you a name of a service?

These look mainly like out of date drivers and update problems.

Is the computer up to date with microsoft updates?
Regards,

Alan.

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:54 AM

I see the ACPI and the Parallel port error on a lot of major manufacturer's computers - I haven't investigated them, but suspect that they are because the manufacturers are using a generic BIOS for all of their systems (haven't seen a parallel port in quite some time).

The WHEA errors seem to be related, and they are errors generated by your CPU for some reason. A search of the website of the manufacturer of your CPU (AMD or Intel most likely) may reveal additional information. But I'm suspecting a problem with either your motherboard or CPU - so I'd start with updating your motherboard drivers.

Are there any other symptoms that there's something wrong with the system? What led you to investigate the entries in the Event Viewer?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 Paulrenno

Paulrenno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:25 AM

I bought the laptop brand new in December last year.

I have Microsoft UPdates set automatically but havent looked at updating any drivers. Which ones do I look at - and are they all found in Devise Manager?

Theres not really anything wrong with the system that I can see. Its just that I see the errors when I looked in the Event Viewer and wondered what was happening.

#10 Paulrenno

Paulrenno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:49 AM

ive just gone through nearly all items listed in devise manager and checked for updates but they are all saying ive got the newest installed.

What i have noticed is when i boot up, after teh welcome screen, there is a black screen for about 20 seconds - is this right?

#11 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:33 AM

It all depends on where you checked for the updates (the PC Manufacturer's website is a good place to check for an unmodified system). You can also have the latest updates and they can become corrupted - so reinstalling the drivers may help anyway.

It also depends on what's loading at startup, how much you have in the way of resources, etc.

It also depends on what you used to check for updated drivers - a manufacturer's utility, the built in Windows utility, or a manual search of the web for them.

Usually I suggest updating the video drivers with the latest available version from the manufacturer of the video chipset (NOT from the PC Manufacturer). In this case tho', I'd suggest an update of the motherboard/chipset drivers - and those are "usually" best found at the PC Manufacturer's website.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users