Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Use Ie6

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mloo55

mloo55

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:29 PM

It is a pc with win98se PIII, 256k and now I am unable to use internet and all what I got is: Page not found. i called to telefonica and asked where could be the problem and he told me that the operative system had problems after following some steps he indicated: run--command- enter
then I wrote ipconfig and had the info they requiered as the IP address. Then I wrote Ping and the response was file not found.
According to it what can I do to fix the problem.
rgds
mloo55

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BigBoyTN

BigBoyTN

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:53 AM

Following the same steps go to run--->command(or CMD)--->hit enter. Then type ipconfig /release hit enter. Note the space before the slash, it has to be there or it won't work. Then type ipconfig /renew, note the space again. That will tell your computer to release and renew the IP address. If that doesn't work, then it is more then likely your ISP's problem.

#3 mloo55

mloo55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:52 PM

Thanks bigboy I will do and then advice.
rgds
mloo55

#4 mloo55

mloo55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:32 PM

Problem solved due I called to the internet provider again and fixed the configuration of the pc so now I am using the internet normally.
thanks for your help
mloo55

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users