Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Sure If This Is Malware Or Not

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:38 PM

Hello everyone

I found this,DSBrokerService, while looking in the Services section of the System Configuration.
The path is C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe

I do not know if this is malware or not. When I did a google search I saw something about malware. So I did not look an further and I came directly here. Then I looked at the System Configuration and the Services section and then looked at the properties of the DSBrokerServices and saw the path. That is when I thought that it might be from the time I had to have Dell help me with my computer problems and they needed to do a remote help.

So my question is 3 parts. 1) Is this or is this not malware? 2) If this is not malware, Could this be part of the program that allowed Dell to do the remote help? 3) If this is malware how do I get rid of it?

I have done scans with all of the anti-spyware and anti-malware programs and nothing has shown up except cookies. But I will do 1 more scan with each to make sure.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users