Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Uninstall WinTasks Trial

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 buzzworthybum

buzzworthybum

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 10 April 2005 - 12:40 PM

I downloaded the trial version of WinTasks 5 Professional a while back and now I am trying to uninstall it but the uninstall file won't work. When I try to unistall it says "Error 1721 There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor." I've tried downloading it again from different websites but it still won't uninstall. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,665 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:19 AM

Try it in safe mode and see if it works then

#3 buzzworthybum

buzzworthybum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2005 - 10:53 PM

I downloaded the program again and re-installed it over the improperly uninstalled one, then I tried to uninstall real quick before rebooting into safe mode and for some strange reason it worked. Thanks btw.

But I guess I failed to uninstall some other program because in the right-click menu on the recycle bin there is still an option to "Wipe Recycle Bin" that doesn't lead to anything. So does anyone know what program adds this or how I can remove it manually?

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,665 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:53 AM

Hmm..not sure what it could be. I know there are a few programs that add that function.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users