Please go to VirusTotal
, and upload the following files for analysis:C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WinCtrl32(2)(2).dll
Post the results in your reply.
Next, please use the Internet Explorer
browser, and do an online scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner
Note: If you have used this particular scanner before, you MAY HAVE TO UNINSTALL the program through Add/Remove Programs before downloading the new ActiveX component
, when prompted to download and install the program files and database of malware definitions.
- Click Run at the Security prompt.
- The program will then begin downloading and installing and will also update the database.
- Please be patient as this can take several minutes.
- Once the update is complete, click on My Computer under the green Scan bar to the left to start the scan.
- Once the scan is complete, it will display if your system has been infected. It does not provide an option to clean/disinfect. We only require a report from it.
- Do NOT be alarmed by what you see in the report. Many of the finds have likely been quarantined.
- Click View scan report at the bottom.
- Click the Save Report As... button.
- Click the Save as Text button to save the file to your desktop so that you may post it in your next reply.
To optimize scanning time and produce a more sensible report for review:
Note for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble viewing the accept button of the license, click on the Zoom tool located at the bottom right of the IE window and set the zoom to 75%. Once the license is accepted, reset to 100%.
- Close any open programs.
- Turn off the real-time scanner of all antivirus or antispyware programs while performing the online scan.
Also... Your Java is out of date.
Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update. Updating Java:
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u6.
- Scroll down to where it says "The Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications".
- Click the "Download" button to the right.
- In the pull down menu next to Platform select Windows
- Check the box that says: "I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 License Agreement"
- Click Continue
- Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation and save to your desktop.
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
- Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
- Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u6-windowsi586-p.exe to install the newest version.
Restart your computer, and post a fresh HijackThis log.
Edited by screen317, 06 July 2008 - 08:39 PM.