Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.db files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 twistal

twistal

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 10 April 2005 - 12:16 PM

Hello, this is my first post here.

I'm doing some work for Special Olympics here in Michigan, and everything is now done over the internet, and when they sent me the information on how to register the athletes, the files all end in .db (data base file), and I can't seem to open them, and windows XP isn't helping me choose the right program, and whenever I choose a program it just looks like this:

x ' ' ' - kk L IF TkBk

There are also some files that end in .MB and .PX

Can anyone give me a hand here?

Edited by twistal, 10 April 2005 - 12:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 10 April 2005 - 01:04 PM

I'm not entirely certain,
but it seems you would need an application to open those. I found this on a google search:
http://www.downloadfreetrial.com/business/database.html
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 10 April 2005 - 02:50 PM

I'm doing some work for Special Olympics here in Michigan, and everything is now done over the internet, and when they sent me the information on how to register the athletes, the files all end in .db (data base file), and I can't seem to open them, and windows XP isn't helping me choose the right program,

I think you need to talk to the folks who sent you the files. Lots of programs have databases. The database for one program won't be open in another program. The files need to be in some sort of readable format - either Word or Word Perfect or Plain Text or something like that. Unless you all use the same strange program to open things, a .db file isn't going to do you much good. Either they sent you the wrong files, or you need to be running the same program that created the files.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:13 PM

As you can see by the information in the link I provide, there are many different applications using a .db file extension. You need to know what application is creating the db, and have it installed on your computer, to open the files.

http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=db&goButton=Go

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users