Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wanna Build Gaming Computer For As Little As Possible

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Taima

Taima

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:19 PM

So yeah, I'm looking to build me a decent gaming rig, but for as little as possible with as much power as possible lol.

I don't want it to be so cheap that I'd have to upgrade it in like a year but something that will last a few years at least.
Like I said, it needs to be able to run Crysis and other newer games pretty well. Pretty much nothing I have now will be compatible with the new stuff (save for my sound/ethernet card).

Cheap, Powerful, Long-lasting.

Thanks...I'll add more info if need be.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 i have no name

i have no name

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:30 AM

i would recommend geting a e8400 for your cpu
Gskill ddr2 800
Antec 650w power supply
9800gx2 just a little expensive but will run crysis on max settings
8800gt this one may not run crysis as smoothly but it is about half price
motherboard this will last you a long time but is a little pricey
motherboard 2 about half the price as the first one not as new but will still meet your needs
I dont know the size or type of hd you want or what your taste are in cases but those are easy purchases
My system specs
Small chip that goes fast some spinning things a case, a mouse, and a keyboard and a wonderful rectanlge box of colors.

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

I think getting an ATI 4850 would be a better card for the money. It gets way higher in Crysis then the 8800GT, and only costs about $25 more than the 8800Gt.

Also, a 650-watt power supply would be overkill. He could probably get away with a high quality 400-500Watt power supply, unless he wants to get dual video cards. even so, Tomshardware has an article today on their sub $1000 gaming rig. They used two 8800GT's in SLI with a 400-watt power supply. If you get less watts, you can spend the extra money on a higher quality psu.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users