Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Basekie32 Was Not Found

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CCNW

CCNW

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:46 PM

I have a client with numerous viruses and trojans not to mention the all new version of System Antivirus 2008 which I was able to remove however. AVG 8.0 scanned and cleaned the system. I had reboot a dozen times after Antivirus 2088 was removed but at the end of the AVG 8.0 it "required" a reboot to complete the removal. No problems at shutdown, however I get the reboot bios prompts, I get the XP splash screen and then It goes to a blue screen with "basekie32 was not found" on it and I can't remember ever seeing this error and it will not boot in Last Know Good Configuration, Debugger, Safe Mode or Networking Mode, Normal Mode, Command Prompt Mode and I just did a system re-install using the windows cd.

Upon reboot from that I get a request to install the whole system. It appears that the viruses and the programs removing them destroyed the O/S or the System32 folder.

Has anyone ever see the error "basekie32 was not found" before?

I'll post again when it finished re-installing the Operating System. (Atleast I won't loose any of the customers data)

I've not seen as much infection as I did on this computer in a very longtime.

Thanks

Troy, CCNW

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:06 AM

I think I'd post in either the HJT section...or the BleepingComputer.com - Am I infected What do I do - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Louis

#3 CCNW

CCNW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:52 AM

Actually Its not an infection. I've been in the business for over 15 years. This was XP software related. It was fixed with a repair re-install. I was just looking to see if anyone has seen this particular XP blue screen with that particular wording.

The cleaners changed the files.

But thanks for the advise anyways.

CCNW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users