Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dreamweaver 8

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerCrasher

ComputerCrasher

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:25 PM

Well, I posted a few questions about Dreamweaver 8 in another heading, but just realized this Web development section was here. Oops!

I'm taking Dreamweaver 8 as a 5 week course. I'm starting to pick it up a bit, but keep running into snags. I'm required to add things to my site through the book's steps. As I get through with each chapter I copy all of the files to a new folder and rename the folder with the corresponding chapter. I realize now that my stylesheets folder should have been left outside of my chapter folders. However I copied that with each chapter in the beginning. Now my styles are linked to the wrong folder. If I start trying to fix it then I know I'll screw it up without some guidance. Can anyone make sense of this? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:23 AM

Hello ComputerCrasher,

If your style sheet folder is in the wrong location then the page will not display properly you need to open your web page and change the import line for importing the style sheet to its correct location then save.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:06 PM

Which is to say, all you need to do is to copy your style sheet to a more permanent location, and then simply change the line in your html that loads the style sheet, ie:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://mysite.com/style.css" />
to
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://mysite.com/some_other_directory/style.css" />

#4 ComputerCrasher

ComputerCrasher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:38 PM

Thanks for the help! I think I got it taken care of. I'm really liking this site! It's proved quite useful in the past week! Thanks again! Trust me I'll have more questions, though. :thumbsup:

#5 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:16 AM

Glad to help.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users