Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dioscuri

Dioscuri

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:31 PM

My brother downloaded a game from a p2p program over the weekend, and ever since then the PC has been having problems. We have Norton internet security installed, when he tried to launch the game the norton popped up and said something about intrusion blocked, so he deleted the game immediately.

However, we realised that our IE and generally the whole PC became sluggish from then on. I ran a full system scan on Norton internet security and it removed 2 security threats but the PC is still slow and occasionally IE will pop up leading us to a website to 'puchase' antivirus software, which we ignored and just closed the pop up.

I rebooted the PC on safe mode and without internet connection, did another full system scan, which came out clean. Once I go onto the internet, the pop up appeared again after a while.

I don't know what we're infected with. We're running on windows XP. Will anyone be able to help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dioscuri

Dioscuri
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:09 PM

I just found out that sometimes, my desktop icons, taskbars etc will all disappear, leaving only my wallpaper. Can anyone help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users