Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Cards

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rond2083669

rond2083669

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:36 PM

I would like to up grade my video card. What do you recommend? My computer is about one years old. Compaq SR5210NX with windows vista. I up graded it to 2GB of ram. The graphic card is an intel graphics media accelator 950. hard drive 120 GB. Would like to play games also. Needs to be shader supported.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zahid Shaikh

Zahid Shaikh

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:07 AM

Get a Nvidia Geforce 6800 or an Geforce 9400 GT

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:24 PM

I would like to up grade my video card. What do you recommend? My computer is about one years old. Compaq SR5210NX with windows vista. I up graded it to 2GB of ram. The graphic card is an intel graphics media accelator 950. hard drive 120 GB. Would like to play games also. Needs to be shader supported.

How much are you willing to spend?
You also need to invest on a good PSU.

Your options range from the ATI HD4XXX series to the Nvidia 9XXX series.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:56 PM

You have one PCI-E x16 slot, depending on the card you will also need to upgrade your PSU. I would suggest an Nvidia 9XXX series it will likely be bottle necked a little by your processor but it will also perform well if you decide to upgrade the other components at a later date.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users