Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Facebook

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 joebeaven

joebeaven

• Members
  • 419 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:40 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to use Facebook Advertising, and I can get to this page: http://www.facebook.com/ads/#/ads/create/, but no further. When I click one of the links to continue, either nothing happens or a blank page loads. This is the same in Firefox and IE.

I asked Facebook about this and they gave me the following response:

"It sounds like this issue might be related to security settings on your browsers. If you haven't done so already, please try viewing this page on a different computer and adding Facebook as a trusted site."

I tried adding Facebook as a trusted site in my Kaspersky Web Anti-Virus settings, Internet Options => Security => Trusted Sties in IE and Options => Security => Exceptions in Firefox, but nothing has helped.

I tried using Facebook Advertising on a different computer and it worked fine.

Please can someone tell me how to stop this problem?

Thanks,
Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:23 PM

Hello joebeaven,

What browser are you using to view the page?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 419 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:50 AM

I've tried Firefox and IE.

Today, I've also tried disabling Kaspersky and my spyware software, CounterSpy, but neither helped.

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:16 AM

For IE, go to Tools=>Internet options=>Security(tab) change all zones to default level.

For FF, go to tools=>options=>enable JavaScript enable Java. Then privacy and except cookies.

Have you altered your HOSTS file at all?

Is your system fully patched and full up to date?

Also what version of the two browsers are you using?
Regards,

Alan.

#5 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 419 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:32 AM

Hi Alan,

I reset to default level in IE but it didn't help. Firefox was already enabled like you say. I haven't changed my HOSTS file as far as I know.

My system is up-to-date. I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.14 and IE 7.0.5730.14.

Thanks,
Joe

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:26 AM

That is odd, Its most likely a system wide change that will be very difficult to ID. I mentioned the HOSTS file as some entries within the file disable parts of facebook or don't display the page correctly.

You could try the latest version of Firefox found at http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html

It could also be a problem on their end, but in case it is not try clearing out your temp internet files and cookies. Better yet download ATF-Cleaner from http://www.atribune.org/index.php?option=c...5&Itemid=25 Tell it to select all except for user passwords. and clean.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users