Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Faster File Transfer Mode

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 yethPC

yethPC

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:50 AM

I do have 252 mb file and might have files 3 times bigger than that which I have to transfer to a remote pc.I was considering remote access software to use for this purpose but I did not proceed because this will take ages to trasfer completely for this file size.Does somebody know where I can find a software that allows me to transfer big files in much faster rate?All suggestions are welcomed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:05 AM

Hello yethPC,

I would try and reduce the size slightly more by placing the file inside an archive. Have you considered uploading the file onto an online hosting site or similar then the file can be downloaded via a link. There is also http://www.yousendit.com/ but it might take a while to upload.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 yethPC

yethPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:42 PM

Thanks I will try this link while compressing is an additional help.

#4 yethPC

yethPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:25 AM

hi,
nigglesnush85, hope you can give an online hosting site as well.I tried yousendit but it was uploading in nearly the same rate as email attachment.For 47 mb it took about more than 2 and half hours. I just want to try and see the other option that is much faster and reliable.Thanks again.

Edited by yethPC, 01 July 2008 - 12:33 AM.

#5 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

You could try using a VPN like hamachi found at https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/vpn.asp?lang=en

http://www.4shared.com/ is an online file hosting website, I have never used it, but they do a free account option, May be worth a look.

If you wanted you could try splitting the zip files into parts say 10MB per part and email each part separately then reconstruct them at the destination.
Regards,

Alan.

#6 yethPC

yethPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:58 PM

Thanks for all your suggestions.

#7 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:02 PM

No problem, I hope they provide results.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users