Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

So I Would Post My Logs But...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WillCotton01

WillCotton01

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:37 AM

Notepad is blocked from opening, along with windows help and some other stuff (when i open them i get the error message notepad has encountered an unhandled exception blah blah must close)

All anti-virus/help sites are blocked from loading (on linux atm)

Ad-aware/avg also seem to be taken out of action (neither will update nor scan properly)

Already deleted a number of infected things but cant manage to get all of it

i know windows/system32/beep.sys is infected amongst other things

all links clicked from google redirect to some spyware site

task manager and stuff was blocked but i have managed to get that back

on windows vista btw

[Found possible virus] <W32/STZ_like!Generic> /media/disk/Windows/System32/drivers/beep.sys

Disinfect (Y/N/A/Q) ? y
Yes
[Failed to disinfect] /media/disk/Windows/System32/drivers/beep.sys
[Found possible virus] <W32/STZ_like!Generic> /media/disk/Windows/System32/drivers/clbdriver.sys

Disinfect (Y/N/A/Q) ? y
Yes
[Failed to disinfect] /media/disk/Windows/System32/drivers/clbdriver.sys

that seems to be the only ones left i can find using my linux based antivirus

also tried ewido microscanner in windows but it failed to detect them

Edit: both Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and combofix will not run at all wether in safe mode or not but i got the hijackthis logs

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:30:34 PM, on 6/30/2008
Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18000)
Boot mode: Safe mode

Running processes:
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\hijack\HiJackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: btorbit.com - {000123B4-9B42-4900-B3F7-F4B073EFC214} - C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitcth.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_04\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Grab Pro - {C55BBCD6-41AD-48AD-9953-3609C48EACC7} - C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\GrabPro.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RivaTunerStartupDaemon] "C:\Program Files\RivaTuner v2.09\RivaTunerWrapper.exe" /S
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_04\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NVIDIA nTune] "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneCmd.exe" clear
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools Lite] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\daemon.exe" -autorun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Windows Installer] C:\Users\Willie\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\dtsc\10387.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Global Startup: Orbit.lnk = C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitdm.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download by Orbit - res://C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitmxt.dll/201
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Grab video by Orbit - res://C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitmxt.dll/204
O8 - Extra context menu item: Do&wnload selected by Orbit - res://C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitmxt.dll/203
O8 - Extra context menu item: Down&load all by Orbit - res://C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitmxt.dll/202
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_04\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_04\bin\ssv.dll
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: MsSecurity Updated (MsSecurity1.209.4) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\444.470.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: nTune Service (nTuneService) - NVIDIA - C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
O23 - Service: O&O Defrag - O&O Software GmbH - C:\Windows\system32\oodag.exe
O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
O23 - Service: Steam Client Service - Valve Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe

--
End of file - 4362 bytes

Edited by WillCotton01, 30 June 2008 - 06:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:56 AM

Hello WillCotton01 and welcome to BleepingComputer!

Apollogies for the delay. The forum has been very busy lately.

Please note that comments are made in green, links are in red, important things are outlined by using the blue color and the numbered steps I would like you to follow are outlined with orange.

Please also take note of the following:
  • I will start working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine
  • The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Please download ComboFix from here and save it to your Desktop.

When done downloading, please print out and follow these instructions: "How to download and use ComboFix"
If you downloaded ComboFix previously, delete that version and download it again as the tool is frequently updated!
  • Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
  • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive.
  • When you have completed the ComboFix instructions, copy and paste the contents of C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.
  • When done, be sure to re-enable your anti-virus and other security programs.

Do NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert, not for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer.

Thanks,

Johannes

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users