Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Had A Combofix Run And I Need To Know What Next?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 darklightnin

darklightnin

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:08 PM

ok i've finished to the point where i've run the program and i have the results from it..

My main problem when it first occurred i was looking at FAQs for my games... (and im positive my cousin was downloading from myspace.com). My only problems have been from a program called WinSpywareProtect which is a "anti-virus" program that installed itself on my computer while I was browsing. After it installed itself it's told me that for the past week or so ive had 25 "trojans" on my computer..yea i know what trojans are..but im getting bogus reports on what's goingon...

It keeps telling me o install the full program and to buy it.. A pop-up telling me ive been attacked has been mostly giving me "viruses" that it calls EasyError.

The second one i get is the program scanner where it "scans" through all of my files and then asks me if i want to purchase the full version of the program WinSpywareProtect. The third one if i remeber correctly just tells me that my computer isnt protected and basically just tells me to download thefull version.

So if someone can get back to me ill post my results if need be cause i dont make any sense of it... ^_^ thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:01 PM

Try running a full system scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 darklightnin

darklightnin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:08 PM

Well i dont overly want to install anything else...after i told my mom about it she flipped...so i need to know more about what to do with the results from combofix because the virus isnt coming up AS often but it still does

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:28 PM

You could post over at the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum. They are always very busy analysing logs over there so it may take several days before someone gets to yours.

You won't get any help with your ComboFix logs here. Quote from the top of the page:

When posting your problem, do not run and post a ComboFix logs. ComboFix is a tool that should only be run under the supervision of someone who has been trained in its use. Using it on your own can cause problems with your computer. Any posts containing CF Logs will be ignored.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 darklightnin

darklightnin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:28 AM

ok i've finished to the point where i've run the program and i have the results from it..

My main problem when it first occurred i was looking at FAQs for my games... (and im positive my cousin was downloading from myspace.com). My only problems have been from a program called WinSpywareProtect which is a "anti-virus" program that installed itself on my computer while I was browsing. After it installed itself it's told me that for the past week or so ive had 25 "trojans" on my computer..yea i know what trojans are..but im getting bogus reports on what's goingon...

It keeps telling me o install the full program and to buy it.. A pop-up telling me ive been attacked has been mostly giving me "viruses" that it calls EasyError.

The second one i get is the program scanner where it "scans" through all of my files and then asks me if i want to purchase the full version of the program WinSpywareProtect. The third one if i remeber correctly just tells me that my computer isnt protected and basically just tells me to download thefull version.

So if someone can get back to me ill post my results if need be cause i dont make any sense of it... ^_^ thanks!

P.S. Another Member told me to post it on this topic instead...but ive restarted my computer and might not have the results anymore...

Edited by KoanYorel, 30 June 2008 - 01:57 PM.
Merged a post from HJT forum

#6 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:03 PM

Darklightnin,

Please follow all the instructions in these directions. Then and only then post in the HJT Forum.

Since you have restarted you computer and may have made other adjustsments, any previous scans are of little use now.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users