Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

reboot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 moondog

moondog

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:15 AM

my pc keeps rebooting i have formatted the drive and when i go to install windows it will load the drivers but not load the program ,it just reboots without installing windows
i have tried installing other operating systems but it does just the same for example i loaded windows me which installed ok the when it came to start up screen it rebooted

Edited by moondog, 11 April 2005 - 01:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:08 AM

what exactly do you mean by "loads all of the drivers"

also like how far into the "boot-up" process do you get? IE: longin window

#3 jbaa02

jbaa02

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2005 - 08:29 PM

I had the same problem with my pc which lasted for several months,I went through a lot of steps to solve the problem :
-I changed my motherboard ,which resulted in several days of smooth pc operation but the problem returned after awhile
-I reinstalled my xp,again the pc worked well but afterwards the problem returned
-I had the pc set to a lower frequency because I thought my processor and the mobo
could not handle the default settings
-then finally one day the pc could not boot anymore,I brought the pc to the shop where I bought the mobo and they found out that the mobo was dead.The technician removed the mobo and tested it with another unit and it functioned very well but when it was re-installed to my pc ,it did not function so the technician decided to look for the cause of this and he found out that the re-start button of my pc was not functioning well and it was forever on a re-start mode making it impossible for the pc to boot and all the while the re-booting that i was experiencing was caused by this malfunction.
Now my pc is functioning smoothly and I haven't experienced any unnecessary re-boot since the coorection was made.
You might want to look into this possibility for your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users