Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Proxy Settings On A Mac

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mickemawse

mickemawse

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:58 PM

Hi, all of a sudden my mac isn't loading my homepage and it says to check my firewall and proxy settings but I don't know what I'm supposed to check and change.

Can anyone help me. This has never happened before. I've restated my dsl and my wireless airport but nothing is working.

Micke

Mod Edit: Topic moved from AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 29 June 2008 - 03:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TVT

TVT

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:55 PM

What version of OS X are you running?
Posted Image

#3 The G Bomb

The G Bomb

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:27 AM

Sounds like you have no DNS Servers.

Are you getting your IP settings from DHCP? Is DHCP switched on on your router? Are you in the same subnet (192.168.0.x or similar) as your router. Apple machines self assign an IP address if none can be obtained and if you are not in the same subnet your router will probably not allow you internet access.

If you go to System Preferences > Network.

The Show Network status should have a green light next to Airport. Clicking on Airport should show you the IP settings for your machine. You may have to click renew next to the IP address to get a new ip address from the router, but you may want to set the ip address yourself if your machine doesn't move around too much and connects to other networks.

Also a recent airport update has made wireless connections quite flaky in some cases, you may need to have your machine connected to a power supply to maintain a reliable connection to the router.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users