Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advanced Xp Fixer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bailie28

bailie28

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:49 AM

so i have been having issues with antivirusxp08 which im just waiting on someone with free time to start on my issues..this issue started this morning when i booted up my laptop my question is ...is this part of the antivirusxp 08 or is this something totally new..because i had never seen this before..or is this part of xp and its trying to fix itself from the antivirusxp 08...any ideas? thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:34 PM

Please remove Antivirus Xp 2008 because it is a rogue security program.

Antivirus XP 2008 is a new rogue anti-spyware program that is advertised through Trojans and other malware. It is advertised in the form of fake security alerts and warnings on web sites that state you are infected with malware or are being attacked in some manner. When you click on these ads, it will automatically download the installer for Antivirus XP 2008 and install it on your machine. In some cases, this program is installed without any intervention at all from you.

Once installed, Antivirus XP 2008 will scan your computer and display a variety of security risks found on your computer that can only be removed if you purchase a license of the software. These risks, though, are all fake and are only being displayed to scare you into thinking you are infected and thus purchase their software. Another tactic that Antivirus XP 2008, and the accompanied malware, uses is to change your desktop background to be a message stating you are infected, popups and fake alerts stating your computer is being attacked, and a fake Internet Explorer page that states Google has found your computer to be infected. All of these are further scare tactics and should be ignored.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-re...tivirus-xp-2008

See the link above for removal instructions.

Copy and paste the contents of the log from Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users