Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Horse Proxy.acna With Gta Vice City

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Adam Dunbar

Adam Dunbar

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:45 AM

Hi
Had a warning message yesterday when clicking icon on Start menu for GTA Vice City, which said I have a Trojan Horse Proxy.ACNA

Treid many times since but cannot play the game because it won't let me past the security alert, although when done full scan there is no infection found.

Have contacted AVG and they say it may be a false alert and to send them the report which I am currently doing (although has taken over 1 hour and still hasn't started the process !)

Hopefully this will be resolved soon by AVG but was wondering if anyone has had similar problem and found a solution.

Noticed on the "Security" - "Hijack logs" forum on this website that someone had same problem, but I couldn't post on his topic.

Any help would be appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,047 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:43 PM

Be patient and wait on the tests results from AVG. If this is a confirmed false positive they will probably correct the detection.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 busybeaver

busybeaver

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:14 PM

Adam,

I have the same issue, however AVG found issues with sintfnt.dll for some reason. This file doesn't seem to exist in my computer and I believe this to be caused by the game trying to initiate itself. I have submitted the issue with AVG and hope to receive a response in the next 48 hours or so.

I am guessing that it will just turn out to be a false positive as stated above...but you never know now do you? :thumbsup:

Later and best of luck to us...

BB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users