Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dreamweaver Cs3 High Cpu Usage

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pcmaddeanp

pcmaddeanp

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:42 AM

Hi,

I use Dreamweaver CS3 as I am currently creating websites for friends and family. But, when I go to use it, it eats up from 80-100% of my CPU.
I have done a search on Google and found that there are many people that have the same problem.
Is this a bug or something that Adobe need to fix?
I have an Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor with 1Gb or RAM and Windows Vista. Yes, I know 1Gb isn't enough but I use a 4Gb Flash Drive as Readyboost.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

pcmaddeanp

Server Room Geek - IT Professionals Community

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:17 PM

Hello pcmaddeanp,

As far as I'm aware Macromedia's products are all processor intensive. While I have no experience with Dreamweaver itself, Flash and Acrobat are resource hogs.
I would suspect this is a problem with Macromedia and not your system.

A CPU is given tasks to perform continuously If you open up the Task Manager and select the process tab you can see all the tasks the CPU has to perform. A sophisticated processor will work one request and then move on to another a Dual core processor is capable of performing 2 tasks simultaneously.

Which leads to the question of, how many processes is your system running?
and What RAM (model) does the system have?

I would suggest that the processes that are not needed be ended in order to facilitate a faster task switching process.
Or http://sniptools.com/tipstricks/speed-up-d...e-boosting-tips might be of some use. Wrong version but principle is the same, also don't follow suggestion #2.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 pcmaddeanp

pcmaddeanp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:20 AM

Thanks for the reply. I am just looking at the link and have found it very useful. Thanks.

pcmaddeanp

Server Room Geek - IT Professionals Community

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users