Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Exlorer Options

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 aaaaa

aaaaa

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:15 AM

Hi,

I currently am using mozilla firefox 3.0.

My problem is that I cannot access the internet options in my IE 7.0. It says that my "operations has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator"

But I am the system administrator. So how? I have checked that I am logged in as the administrator. My computer has recently been infected with trojans and viruses. Would that be the reason? How do I fix it?

Also, my IE takes a long time to load up to the "blank" page at the start. The Program opens quickly but takes a long time to load so that I can enter the address. What is wrong?

Thanks!!

Mod Edit: Topic moved from Windows XP Home and Professional to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 29 June 2008 - 01:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:00 AM

When doing a Google search for your particular problem, you will find about 1,920,000 hits on this particular complaint. What works for one person may not work for another.

What security programs are you using? Some of them like Spybot S&D offer features that will lock Internet Options. If you are using Spybot, launch the program, click on Mode, select Advanced, go to Tools > IE Tweaks > and uncheck "Lock IE control panel".

"How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer 7".
"It's not always malware: How to fix the top 10 Internet Explorer issues".
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users