Here's what I did and the results:
1. Saved Mbam-Setup file to desktop
a.. English OK
b. Close all software Next
c. Accepted agreement Next
d. Information screen(New Ver 1.19 on 6/28/08) Next
e. Install in Program file folder Next
f. No Start Folder Next
g. Create Desktop Icon Next
h. Locate in Program File folder Install
i. Update and Launch ...... were checked I Clicked Finish
j. It updated and installed the program
2.I performed a Quick Scan
3. It scanned 2538 objects with no infections then stopped prematurely with "Dr. Watcon Post Mortum Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close" "Send/Don't Send"
4. Could not uninstall the files in my Program File folder.
5. Created a new folder in my Program File folder and did the whole thing again and this time it stopped prematurely after 2737 objects scanned with no infections and a test box with "Malwarebytes' AntiMalwayr has encountered a problem and needs to close. I hit don't send. Sounds like yesterday's new version of mbam.exe software is bad.
6. I now have two copies of this thing in my Program File folder that I cannot uninstall. I can erase but when I run the mbam program, it says they are still their and it aborts because it can't rename a folder.
Here is my HijackThis file. Does it helps? STOPzille was turned off for this test. What can I do now?
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 13:13:31, on 6/29/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Edited by boopme, 29 June 2008 - 01:20 PM.
Removed HJT Log