Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Python

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 king gee

king gee

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:59 PM

hi! i stumbled across a book on python programing language.i will like to learn how to programe but would like to know if python programing language is worth learning.python?!
is there any programing language one can learn in two months?
there is something about the future, it changes anytime you look at it because you looked at it. And that changes everything else.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 elf.i.am

elf.i.am

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:10 PM

hi. Python is a very good language to start with. Once you get the hang of it, you can move on to C++ or Java. Like most other skills, it takes more than two months to be really good at it, but you can learn the basics rather quickly. I myself, have worked with Java for some time now but plan to learn Python during this summer :thumbsup: Good luck!

#3 cinemass

cinemass

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:05 AM

hi. Python is a very good language to start with. Once you get the hang of it, you can move on to C++ or Java. Like most other skills, it takes more than two months to be really good at it, but you can learn the basics rather quickly. I myself, have worked with Java for some time now but plan to learn Python during this summer :thumbsup: Good luck!

Hello guys

I just joined this forum, and I am very much interested to learn about Python; do you have any tutorial free sites or places on the web that I can go to;
please let me know. Thanks for your help. I am begginer, and like to strat from scratch.

#4 elf.i.am

elf.i.am

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:17 PM

Hello guys

I just joined this forum, and I am very much interested to learn about Python; do you have any tutorial free sites or places on the web that I can go to;
please let me know. Thanks for your help. I am begginer, and like to strat from scratch.

Welcome, the following web page is a good introduction to the language:
http://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dyoo/python/...ntro/index.html

And this is a full tutorial:
http://diveintopython.org/toc/index.html

#5 Piotr-Seeler

Piotr-Seeler

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:36 AM

might i suggest the following tutorial:
http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/

it covers python mainly + vbscript and java.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users