Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Loading C:\windows\system32\pvridudt.dll

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 steve1980ca

steve1980ca

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:22 PM

When I start windows I receive the following error message: Error Loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\pvridudt.dll Access is denied. "then an option to click" OK

I would like to eliminate this error message as it is super annoying. I cannot say what or if it is affecting anything else.

I attached a screen shot.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 steve1980ca

steve1980ca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:33 PM

NO replies and only 4 looks. Does this mean I have a tough problem?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:57 PM

What it may mean...is that your error message has no Google references, making it difficult for anyone to find reference material on same.

Is the message spelled properly?

Louis

#4 steve1980ca

steve1980ca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:01 PM

Yes I even attached a screen shot.

#5 steve1980ca

steve1980ca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:07 PM

Looks like I have stumped all the "experts" do I get a prize?

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:58 PM

Well...if you consider possible malware a "prize", you may have it :thumbsup:.

Generally, when there is an error message and there are absolutely no references to it...there's a good chance that malware is involved and it's not a genuine Windows or program item.

Just my opinion...

Louis

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:16 PM

We do have personal lives to attend to
I would suspect malware also. Better off to post here:
Am I Infected?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:35 AM

The "prize" is likely to be a free malware infection! :thumbsup:
I'll move this over to the Am I Infected forum as garmanma suggested.....
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,586 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:16 AM

Did you run any anti-virus or anti-malware scans recently? It's not unusual to receive such an error after using tools to remove malware infection.

A "Cannot find...", "Could not run...", "Error loading... or "specific module could not be found" message is usually related to malware that was set to run at startup but has been deleted. Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it since the file was mostly likely removed during an anti-virus or anti-malware scan. However, an associated orphaned registry entry remains and is telling Windows to load the file when you boot up. Since the file no longer exists, Windows will display an error message. You need to remove this registry entry so Windows stops searching for the file when it loads.

To resolve this, download Autoruns, search for the related entry and then delete it.
  • Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click here if you're not sure how to do this.)
  • Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.
  • Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.
  • When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.
  • Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.
  • Right-click on the entry and choose delete.
  • Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#10 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:02 PM

Looks like I have stumped all the "experts" do I get a prize?

Seeing as how you make this comment without even waiting one hour from your first post in this thread. And this forum is visited by 'experts' from around the world. Meaning that it might be common courtesy to wait 24 hours for everyone to have a chance to see your post. I highly doubt you have stumped everyone of them, worldwide. But your lack of patience and insinuations that we are not fast enough in attending to your needs, has likely caused many of them to rethink possibly helping you.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users