Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Program Update For Avg A/v 7.5 Free Is Now Gone

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bloomcounty

bloomcounty

• Members
  • 672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:01 AM

There *was* a new AVG 7.5 Recommended Program Update: v7.5.526

I chose not to download it immediately because I didn't know what it was for. However, when I went back this morning to check for updates, it was gone, and there was only Virus database updates (which I did update).

So my AVG Free A/V 7.5 status right now is:

Program Version: 7.5.524
Virus base: 270.4.2/1523

So what happened to that other program update (v7.5.526)? Did they end up taking it down for some reason? I've seen that some people had installed it, but since it's no longer available, many won't be installing it (unless they put it back up).

Maybe it was just something to fix the "banner ad" that reminds you of the supposed end date to reflect a new end date, but it's weird that the update is no longer available. Not sure what that means/implies. Maybe the server for that update is too busy this morning so it doesn't show up? No idea...

Any thoughts?
My stats: Windows XP Home SP2; Firefox 3.0.14 w/ Ad-Block Plus; IE 6.0 (used only for monthly Windows Critical Updates); ZoneAlarm 6.1.744.001 Free; AVG 8.5 A/V Free; SuperAntispyware Free 4.28.1010

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users