Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Problem Regarding Script File

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 deba

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:23 AM

Hi, I am having some problems in my PC ( OS- Win XP Home Edition SP2).
1. When I double click my hard drive partitions a dialog box appears displaying :
"cannot find script file C:\D-84132281A6604.vbs",
"cannot find script file D:\D-84132281A6604.vbs",
"cannot find...E:\D-841322814A6604.vbs" etc. and the drives do not open.
What are the reasons for these? Are they due to any virus? Plese give a solution.
2. I have Internet Explorer 7. It always displays "Hacked by D-84132281A6604" after the name of the title in the title bar. I hope this is due to a virus. But after scanning the computer with AVG 8 Free Edition(last updated-28/6/2008), no viruses were found. Plese suggest a way to fix it .
3. Every time I install Nero 7 Essentials it runs successfully for 3 to 4 times but then during running it, a dialog box appears displaying : "Error in your Installation Please obtain a new copy of the program" what is the reason for this? Please give a solution to fix it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:09 AM

The first two parts of your problem are probably caused by malware. Use any or all of these free programs to either scan or remove the offending issue.

For the third part I would suggest un-installing then re-installing the Nero program and see if that helps. If it is a program that you loaded from a CD you may want to go to Nero website and see if there are any updates for the program.

Edited by douglas martin, 28 June 2008 - 07:11 AM.

Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#3 deba

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:14 AM

Hi I'm Deba. Thanks for the help. My first 2 problems are solved. But for Nero 7, I've uninstalled the program and after reinstalling the it from the cd provided with hardware (HP dvd writer) , a dialog box reappears while running it displaying-
"Error in your installation Your installation is corrupted - Please reinstall again." What is the reason for this? Do I have to make some registry changes? Please help!

#4 dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,165 posts
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:50 AM

Try Nero 7 Clean Tool. If there is a problem with this, you may need to reinstall Nero to use the Clean Tool.

Edited by dc3, 30 June 2008 - 02:52 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users