Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lucas Arts Snubs Pc Gamers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:13 AM

A good friend of mine is/was looking forward to the release of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, especially since an upgrade to his system. He has been playing all the latest games including the system intensive crysis, however when he read the following article he was bemused.

It appears that Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is only available to console users only. Apparently the PC is such a varied market and a mixture of technologies they're not going to develop for the platform. Other roumours I've herd are that even high end machines wouldn't be able to run the game. Personally I think a mid-to high range PC can out-perform a xbox 360 and PS3, plus there is scope to add more hardware such as PhysX cards, memory etc.

Anyhow, here is the link to VideoGamer.com I'd be interested in your thoughts.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:55 AM

The game looks incredible and its a shame about only being on consoles, what about those who don't have a fancy 360 or ps3? Its like halo 2 only for vista all over again. I prefer the PC to any console as there is more power, greater customisability and a keyboard and mouse is a lot easier to use than a controller.
The ironic thing is that the game was probably developed on a PC. :thumbsup:
Regards,

Alan.

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:34 AM

The thing is the hardware in a computer is much better than that of console's. They can optimize the console's to play the game really well.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users