Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Processor Might Not Be Running Full Speed On Micro-star Ms-6734

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Taima

Taima

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:53 AM

So I bought this motherboard off of ebay (Micro-Star MS-6734) and i put everything together w/ my cpu and whatnot.

Start it up, find out that my AMD Athlon XP-M 2800+ was running at only 800mhz from 2.1ghz. So i don't even bother installing windows.

I take that out and put my dad's processor in, thinking that it was a desktop processor since it worked fine with his Foxconn motherboard (my 2800+ didn't work with his)

I start it up and install windows. Then i notice that it was running at 1.2ghz out of what i believe to be 1.5 or 1.7.

My Computer won't tell me anything more than it's an AMD Athlon, Everest too, but CPU-Z said that it was an AMD Athlon MP, so I Googled that for a second and found that it was a server processor.

So my situation is this:

Is there any way I can get this back up to speed?

If not, would I be better off trying with the 2800+ and seeing what I can do with that?

------
Current specs:

Micro-Star MS-6734
2gb DDR1 RAM
nVIDIA GeForce 6200 256MB OC
and trying to get either whatever this AMD Athlon MP processor is or my AMD Athlon XP-M 2800+

Thanks in advance for the help.
(thanks to OT for doing the google search before I did)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,415 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:06 PM

From whence...did you get your running speed data?

The system that I am currently on...has a Mobile AMD XP-M 2800+ processor and it runs at 1.6Ghz.

You might try checking the BIOS for the running speed, as well as Properties for My Computer.

Louis

#3 Taima

Taima
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:13 PM

My Computer, Everest, Belarc, and CPU-Z told me that when it was on my old board...I'm sure I've been told other places like srtest.com but I can't remember them all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users