Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual Monitor Question.....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy James

Jeremy James

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:45 AM

When I purchased my computer, it had a dual monitor system. The first monitor had a VGA output, and the 2nd one had a SCSI-looking output. Anyway, for a long time, they both worked fine. Anyway, last year, the 2nd monitor quit working, so, I am down to one monitor. There are icons still on the other screen that I can't access, because the computer still believes that there are 2 monitors.

Personally, I think the 2nd video card went bad, or at least, I thought so, until today.

On the XP thread, I started a topic about how to convert the 2 monitors to 1, so, I could have everything on one screen again. Someone responded, and had me right click on my screen, and go to properties, and then go to settings, and I saw a 1, 2, and 3 box at the very top. 1 and 3 are bigger boxes, but 2 is kinda fuzzied out, and is small. Is it possible that "2" was the right video card for my 2nd monitor, but, somehow, it got unselected and a 3rd monitor got selected? How do I fix that?

Thanks.

Jeremy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zahid Shaikh

Zahid Shaikh

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:03 AM

Your Second Monitor is working, only an incorrect Video Resolution has been selected for the Second Monitor, Select the Second Monitor and Change the resolution to an acceptable value.

Edited by Zahid Shaikh, 17 December 2009 - 10:04 AM.

#3 Beremat

Beremat

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:03 PM

Way to go, bumping another ancient thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users