Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ibm Netfinity 3000

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 crimsonSHADOW

crimsonSHADOW

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:19 PM

Alright, so I just got this IBM Netfinity 3000. It's a server computer, but I cannot figure out how to install an operating system onto it. When I boot it up, it keeps saying Operating System Not Found, and it shows a picture of a diskette going into the diskette drive and press F1 to restart the booting process. Does it only run DOS? I would like to install Windows 2000 Professional, or if possible Windows XP Professional. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Richard Fu

Richard Fu

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:53 PM

Insert the disk into the CD drive. If it still happens, make it so that the BIOS looks at the CD first, when setup is finished installing windows, done put it back and it the error should stop.

#3 crimsonSHADOW

crimsonSHADOW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:36 PM

Insert the disk into the CD drive. If it still happens, make it so that the BIOS looks at the CD first, when setup is finished installing windows, done put it back and it the error should stop.

I can't. I opened up the BIOS, tried to have it search for the CD first in the boot order, couldn't find the CD in the boot order. Then the cable only has two sides to it, not three, so I can't connect the CD, HDD and Motherboard together. Only HDD to Motherboard, or CD to Motherboard. It's a different cable than what the majority of computers use these days. It needs all the pinholes, can't have that one random covered up pinhole in the connector, if you know what I mean.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:33 PM

It's probably a SCSI drive
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 crimsonSHADOW

crimsonSHADOW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:16 PM

It's probably a SCSI drive

So what should I do then to get an OS onto the hard drive?

#6 Richard Fu

Richard Fu

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:45 PM

Put the hard drive on another computer and follow what I said on Post #2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users