Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Character Dlls Restrict Internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sapito

sapito

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:02 PM

windows xp home

there are a few(6) random letter dlls(pmnuoIx.dll) that are in my system32 folder in windows that i simply cannot delete. when deleted, they regenerate in a few minutes, or simply cannot be deleted because they are in use.

several days ago symantec antivirus began picking up trojan.vundo. i would clean it and reboot as told, then it would pop up again later that day. i checked my processes with task manager and noticed several rundll's were there. I ran spybot, symantec, and hijackthis(i'll post log if you need it). my internet seems sorta crippled by this thing as certain sites will work fine(reddit.com[not from cache i cleared that and tried]) but certain won't(google search! google comes up but searches simply load forever, bleepingcomp forums also load forever when the rundlls are up).

basically i ran the scans a lot, booted into safe mode, ran killbox, all trying to delete the random letter dlls that showed up in system32. i managed to kill a few of them and then immediately ended the rundll processes in taskmanager. this temporarily gave me access to the forums. i'll be checking the forum from now on from a different computer.

sorry if this isn't worded right, please respond and i can clarify anything or post a log.

thanks so much, anxious to hear back.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gpsman87

gpsman87

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:34 AM

I will also be watching this as I have a very similar problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users