Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sharing An Experience

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 merellogalasso

merellogalasso

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:36 PM

I have a 256 RAM; XP Pro; partitioned internal disk and a 80G external, with huge enough free space. I manage my PC permanently clean. I have been living a hell moving from one antivirus to the other, trying to prepare for the announced die of AVG 7.5. At last, I got an unusably slow PC and I bothered the extraordinary good BC forum asking for help. Then I went back to AVG 7.5 waiting for enlarging my RAM memory or straightly buying a new PC. I am currently operating at the speed anyone deserves. I do not name the famous antiviruses I have been using with catastrophic results. Those issues are only for very high RAM users. If something is really a disaster inside this field of computation is the eventually disappearing of AVG 7.5. Greetings for every body there. :thumbsup:
"There are atoms and vacuum; the rest is opinion"
(Democritus, several centuries before Hume and Kant)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:23 PM

Hi.

Not really sure what you are saying here, but 1GB of RAM will certainly make a difference and AVG 8 seems to be free http://free.grisoft.com/ww.download?prd=afe

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:33 PM

Yes, of course. I feel that all this "coming and going" with antiviruses, dammaged the format also, because, before that period, I had less space, the same applications, and my PC performed better. It's true that when uninstalling, there remain a lot of garbish inside the PC that is going to be deleted only by a new formatting, task that I do not like at all, because even the most intelligent technician always perform some "agreable jokes" against the particular most personal wishes of users. Greetings.
"There are atoms and vacuum; the rest is opinion"
(Democritus, several centuries before Hume and Kant)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users