Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bitlord Downloading To Local Drive Then External-not Piracy!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ph7ryan

ph7ryan

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:54 PM

I know this is about a P2P program, but not about piracy.....If you want to delete it it is perfectly fine, please don't ban me though....

I have a few tasks running in Bitlord, (totals up to around 100 GB :-S ), and I only have like 1GB left on my 8GB hard drive....

BUT I have an external hard drive that is 500 GB, and I have all of the downloads set to download to that....Well after about 15 minutes, my loacal hard drive has 24 KB free, and the only thing that is downloading is the Bitlord....(I also checked for viruses with Kaspersky, and check processes to make sure no new ones were running), and what was happening was that Bitlord is downloading to the local hard drive before it goes to the external....but my external shows up as a "local" in 'My Computer', so why would Bitlord need to download to local drive before the external?

Please help...thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ph7ryan

ph7ryan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:12 AM

*^bump^

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:27 PM

Don't know anything all that much about torrents, but whether it's an eight or eighty gig hard drive, having only one gig left is asking for problems
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 ph7ryan

ph7ryan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:29 PM

There is a way to disable hard disk cache, so I thought that would be it, but when I read the description, it sounded like something different...should I try to disable it, and then report back....

#5 pcmaddeanp

pcmaddeanp

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:59 AM

Yer, disable the cache and see if that does anything.
Have you tried the Bitlord help/forums?

pcmaddeanp

Server Room Geek - IT Professionals Community

#6 ph7ryan

ph7ryan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:07 PM

so...I think I figured it out...I had the Bitlord program files located on my local drive, and the way bitlord is set up, it downloads the files as a temporary file in the bitlord folder, to make sure you aren't leaching (that way it will still automatically seed while you are downloading...So to fix this I just transfered all of the bitlord system files onto the external, so it can use as big of temp files it wants ; D...

Oh, and haha btw...I WOULD have checked the bitlord forums is there WERE any...they were breaking the rules of an off site forum hosting site, which banned them, and they still have no idea...haha

#7 pcmaddeanp

pcmaddeanp

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:44 AM

Oh OK then.
Well done on fixing the problem :thumbsup:

pcmaddeanp

Server Room Geek - IT Professionals Community

0 user(s) are reading this topic