Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infested By Roaches - Windows Xp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CShirey

CShirey

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:18 PM

Hi,
This is my first time here and I thank you for being here to help. The problem is not with my computer but with a friend's laptop computer running Windows XP.
The problem is the roach infestation I have seen mentioned elsewhere where bit by bit the roaches eat the screen contents. I printed out the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal Preparation Guide but I need to know exactly what steps, if any, to take before following the guide.
Will her computer with this virus/worm in place be able to download Deckard's System Scanner and HijackThis? I did not ask her if she could connect to the internet as I should have and will. If she can not, how do I proceed? I have downloaded the .exe file for Deckard's System Scanner and can also download HijackThis and copy them to a disk and try to load them on her computer.
Will that start the process of fixing this problem if an internet connection is not possible? Being extra careful as the computer is not mine but she has just let it sit for a month and that drives me nuts!
Is there anything else I can do to prepare information for submission?
Any directions and suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.
C Shirey[/font]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CShirey

CShirey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:34 PM

I am sorry that no one would reply to my question. I did solve the problem. It was Malware and after running a program referred to elsewhere in this forum, I was able to take care of the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users