Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Home Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 van23

van23

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:33 AM

Hi,

A couple months ago my computer started having a problem with going on to different websites. If i went to log in to my email account or anything like that it would then say this site has not renewed its certificate. It does not do this just looking at pages but only when i go to put passwords in or information.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a way to fix it. I don't want to put personal info on my computer if it keeps telling me sites are unsecure.

Thanks.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:39 PM

What they are referring to is the secure certificate ( SSL Certificate) which the web site has to host through a third party for verification purposes. Having one site exhibit this problem is one thing, but to have two or more, I would call your ISP and see if they are having a problem related to this.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 van23

van23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:20 PM

i'll double check and see exactly what it says...

#4 van23

van23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:09 PM

This is exactly what it says. It happens when i try to do banking online and also when i try to go onto my yahoo email. When i logged onto this website it did not do that.

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Click here to close this webpage.
Continue to this website (not recommended).
More information

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users