Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

New Computer! But...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_wako944_*

Guest_wako944_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:48 AM

So yesterday, I just got a new computer :huh: . Unfortunately, it has already crashed about 8 times. Whenever I run a game, my screen goes black and my mouse and keyboard no longer function. This also happens randomly. I have all updates and I have no clue what the source of the problem is. Help anyone?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 iDukeHelp

iDukeHelp

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:58 AM

Specs please?

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:09 PM

Does the game meet system requirements? Brand new computer, I'd be sending it back
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 Guest_wako944_*

Guest_wako944_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:01 PM

I'm sure the game meets system requirements.
Here's the specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 Quad Core Processor LGA775 2.66GHZ Yorkfield 1333FSB 12MB Retail Box (BX80569Q9450)
Motherboard: EVGA Nforce 790I Ultra LGA775 ATX DDR3 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI SATA2 RAID Sound GBLAN 1394 Motherboard (132-CK-NF79-A1)
Video Card: EVGA E-GEFORCE 9800GX2 SSC Crysis 675MHZ 1GB 2.1GHZ GDDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDMI HDCP Video Card (01G-P3-N897-A3)
Memory: Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB 2X2GB PC3-10666 DDR3-1333 CL7-7-7-20 Dual Channel Memory Kit (PDC34G1333LLK)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W ATX12V 20/24PIN Quad SLI Modular Power Supply Active PFC 8PIN PCI-E (W0133RU)
Operation System: Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit Edition

*EDIT: Here's some more information on the problem:
Whenever I run a game, the computer screen suddenly goes blank and it says it loses signal (rotates between analog and gigital modes). Also, the mouse and keyboard disconnect as if I removed them from them from the hardware (I tried pressing caps locks when my screen went black and the caps locks light didn't change). It's not only when I run a game, but it happens randomly too. For example, when I was trying to change my screen saver. I didn't order the PC from a company like Dell, but rather bought the parts at NCIX and had them assemble it.

*2ND EDIT: Games I tried running are Crysis and Age of Conan.

*3RD EDIT: So I called NCIX and they said that it could be possible that the video card, ram or processor got loose in the shipping process. But I have no clue how to take them out and re-install them into my PC. So I'm still hoping that it's something related to the computer so I don't have to hire a techy to fix the problem.

Edited by wako944, 27 June 2008 - 05:57 PM.

#5 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:41 AM

hi,,,, send it back and make them do it,,,, it should be under warrenty.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#6 iDukeHelp

iDukeHelp

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:50 PM

If its an hp computer:

Go to all programs>Pc Help & Tools>Hardware Diagnostic Tools

Do a System Test, following a motherboard test.

If there are any detections in error (except fax, wireless connection, and dial tone), fix it.

Pc tools came with my computer... IDK bout yours.

And you mentioned something about might being loose?

Open your computer up (take off static from your body), and gently push in the RAM cards, if they arent in place, so then you can hear the click sound. Then, gently push in your video card, etc.

Just a few pointers.

#7 harvam007

harvam007

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:19 PM

If the processor was loose you would be having serious problems I doubt it is that. Also PCI-X video cards have a lock on them so I doubt it is that. Could be a couple fo things:
Video card is bad
Memory is bad
Power supply / MB is bad

You can check the memory in windows, when Vista is starting up press 'F8' select memory diagnostics.

A side note, if you paid them to assemble it and it is not working they should take care of it.

#8 Guest_wako944_*

Guest_wako944_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:31 PM

Hey everyone, thanks for all the helpful replies. I finally decided to send my computer back to NCIX. I tried to find a solution since I didn't really want to go through the annoying procedure of repacking all my boxes and my computer, but I guess there was no way avoiding it. Nonetheless, thanks again for everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users