Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Printer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 iDukeHelp

iDukeHelp

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:26 AM

Anyone know how to setup a printer onto a network?

My mom needs a printer for school, as well as me and my brother.

We have an HP Officejet J5780 All-in-one.

I have it installed on my computer.

How does it work through the network? Do I have to install it on every computer?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:23 AM

Try this:
Start>ControlPanel>Network and Internet Connections>Set up or change home or small office network...Wizard should open up with the option to share a printer.
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#3 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:42 PM

Hi, this link will be helpful.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154580/network-printer/
MCP
MSDST

#4 networm

networm

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:44 AM

First of all, make sure all of the computers are in the same workgroup.

On your computer, to make it easier to share. Run the Networking Wizard. You will find this wizard in the My Network Places, on the left "Network Task" Menu, click on "Setup a home or small office Network" just follow the wizard and Enable "File and Printer Sharing". You can also run this wizard thru your Windows XP installation CD(If you use XP). Please Note of the Workgroup name you typed, this name should be the same on the rest of your computer. After the wizard completed, you will be ask to reboot your PC, do so and let it restart.

Then, on the rest of the PC, do the same... and make sure the workgroup name is consistent with your 3 computers.

After you that, The printer installed on your computer is Shared. Then on the rest of the computers, goto Printers and Faxes. Click on Add Printer, a wizard will open for you. Click Next, and select "A Network Printer......" click Next and it will browse your workgroup for available shared printer. Pick the printer that is shared from your computer, then follow the rest of the wizard.
Tired Of High Electricity Bills? Build Homemade Solar Panels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users